Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Progressing along

Here's what I've been up to:

1) Hearts! I now have two blue and one yellow one done. The templates are almost correct, so they're going a lot faster.

2) Quilting practice.  I'm doing some playing around with some random things, some basic things, and also trying to figure out how to quilt the hearts.  I'm thinking a basic stipple with some teardrops (as in, all the loop-d-loos go downward) like the top of the whiteboard picture.  What do you think?

3. Buying fabric.  There was a tent sale today.  Obviously I need fabric to practice on.  And...some more too.  But it was on sale!


4) Oh, I almost forgot.  I got the linky all set to go for Behind the Seams.  This month we're featuring our oldest fabric. 

2 comments:

  1. Great blocks and I love any excuse to buy new fabric!! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the quilting ... if I see shapes I always have to think of echo quilting - but I guess you are set on trying out your FMQing so ... maybe something more roundish, big cirxly overlapping loops (does that make sense?)
    Ehh oldest fabric as in that I own, or that I have bought new from the store? I'm going to be late to the party ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!