Monday, September 10, 2012

Finished Tetris!

My quilt played video games all day.

So I kicked it outside to play.  Of course, it brought out a video game book to read.


But the quilt got bored reading it and so begrudinly let me do a photo shoot with it.

Front:

Front close up.  I did a double echo around all the pieces and FMQ squares and rectangles on the black part outside border.  I left the grey box and small border pieces unquilted.

Back.  I really like how the quilting came through.  I was a little worried that it would be a poor match for the back or wouldn't be square.  But it matched well and is square.  I worked really hard to get everything lined up, so I feel pretty proud of myself for that.  (The yellow pieces don't look great because of the wind.  It is an "organic" echo, but looks better than the picture portrays.)

(Here's a closeup of the back.)


Then the quilt wanted to go back inside, but I said it needed to spend a little more time outside.  It tried to climb a tree, but it turns out that quilts aren't very good at climbing.

It wanted to go swimming, but I said no because it didn't have a swimsuit.  It turned its back on me.

I finally relented and let it go back inside, where the first thing it did was go back to the video games.

Thanks to Melissa at Happy Quilting for hosting this QAL!  It was my first one and I loved it.

Linking up with Freemotion By The River, Quilt Story, Whoop-whoop Friday, TGIFF, Sew & Tell, LAFF, Plum and June, and Sew Modern Monday

30 comments:

  1. Hehe, very clever. :-) And it turned out awesome!

    I have to say, watching your quilting adventures have been inspiring. I have been even watching the sewing/craft quilting programs on pbs most Saturday mornings too. I am anxious to try my hand at it someday.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hilarious, and the quilt looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Your quilting is coming along nicely! Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out really well! Nicely done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha love it!

    Fantastic quilt - and the quilting is perfect! Well done getting that back so beautifully lined up and square!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee. I love the one of the quilt trying to climb a tree. But seriously, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo shoot came out great, and your quilt is very colorful! Did you end up using the pieced batting? you can't even tell. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Front and back it just amazing. I LOVE the border. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is amazing. I just love the quilting. Thanks for sharing! I've had a Tetris quilt in my head for a while for my hubby, and seeing yours is some great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love a quilt with a mind of its own. :D And it is very handsome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt turned out great! I love the way you quilted around each piece, and my favorite part is all those little tetris pieces you added along the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Turned its back on you---darn quilt!!

    Cool border that is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my favorite quilt of all tetris quilts. Even with borders this quilt looks very modern and love the little blocks in the border. What a great idea!

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat quilt and how nice of it to let you take photos!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous quilt! I looove the circuit board quilting in the border and the idea of un-finished tetris on the back :) You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The quilt is fabulous. And all the fun photography. That quilt is quite a rascal, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so hard to get quilts outside to play these days. All they want to do is play video games! ;) Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, what a cute post. :) Love the tetris quilt. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute quilt....I almost joined but knew I couldn't finish. Yours is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE it! You did a wonderful job. Tetris was my favorite video game "back in the day." Might just have to make myself one of these sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your quilt! I think it is my favorite of all the ones I've seen from the QAL. I love that you used solids... it really looks like the game to me!! A great finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great finish to your Tetris quilt! Love how you did your borders and added elements to the back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great quilt. I love it! Especially the tetris border. Congrats on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL! Great quilt! I love that you put smaller pieces in the border. Isn't it a bugger to line up the back with the front? You did a great job! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so bright and fun! I love using black in quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. AWESOME POST AND GREAT QUILT.. funnymesjc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun!! I especially love the quilting on the borders. I really like this pattern in solids. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!