Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Baby Quilt

This is the latest baby quilt that I've made.  I've loved the look of random HST quilts.

I love the yellow color, but managed to hold myself bank and only include four yellow triangles.





I quilted it with wavy lines because I needed to finish it quickly because the baby was almost due!  I finished it the day the baby was born but then managed to send it to the wrong address.  Trust me, this is not something that you want to do.  I caught the mistake pretty quickly and the recipients were able to contact the front office, but it still took a few days before the office said they had it and a few more days before it was actually to the baby.  Hooray for honest people!!





At two weeks old, the little girl is 5 1/2 squares long.

I'm adding this quilt to the Blogger's Quilt Festival too.  I really love how it turned out.

Size: about 45" x 45"
Category/Number: baby quilts, #76 (note: I know also put this in the throw category in the linky by mistake.  I don't seem to have a red x to delete it, but am working on getting it fixed.  It turned out there were 75 entries in both categories at the time, so my double check that I was in the right category didn't work.)

3 comments:

  1. Great colours! Beautiful job. I always want to do more with HSTs and then I remember they need trimming and my passion ebbs... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I like the colors and the randomness! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this, the yellow adds pop!
    I would get stuck moving the colors around,
    love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!