Thursday, July 25, 2013

Castle quilt

I quilted another quilt for my mother-in-law.  It is ultimately for my niece (and one for her doll).

Using a variegated pink/purple thread from King Tut, I put Leah Day's Lollipop flowers in the nine-patches.  Don't you love that name for a quilting design?  I probably still need some practice on doubling back on my quilting, but it wasn't too bad, especially if you don't look too closely. :)  The sides received some lollipop vines, inspired by Melissa Corry's sidewalk chalk.

The castle areas received meandering stars.  And the purple corners all received stars.  It seems to be my standard design lately, but stars are so versatile.  I used a light brown Auriful thread for this part.



Finally, here is the doll quilt.  I keep the cord in the picture for a size perspective as the whole thing is about 15" square.  I did the same quilting motifs, although the lollipop flowers didn't have as many leaves on them.

Linking up with Free Motion Friday.

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!