Friday, April 18, 2014

The cross

Today being Good Friday, my family and I celebrated the death of Jesus.  So tonight I thought it fitting to work on the cross quilt.

The fabric was given to me by an aunt, so I thought I'd turn it into a quilt for her.  She has decorated her house with many items to remind us of God's love, so the symbol is fitting.  (It is also easy enough to put into a quilt based on value.)


After looking at the B&W version I realized the right side had a few more light squares than the left.  Besides that it is good enough...not perfect, but there is contrast as needed.

I currently have all the pairs put together and am starting four-squares tonight.  As long as the cat doesn't mess it up too much...she seems to think that fabric on the floor is for her and only for her.

4 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! Happy Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful-the color of kings-purple. Can't wait until
      Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I love the "glow" around the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way of using the fabrics your Aunt gave you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!