Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cross

I finished quilting the cross on my Aunt's quilt.  It went rather quickly and even though this is my first time doing wood grain, I am a huge fan.


There were several times that I thought it looked terrible as I was quilting, but once you take a larger look at it, it looks great!  I did have a wrinkle problem though, and the backing flannel seems to be discolored around the seam.  Of course, I didn't notice that until the cross was all quilted...I think that I'm just going to leave it though.



And a close up...

(I know, terrible pictures.  But the children slept in so I had some time in the pre-dawn to take pictures.  Some pictures are better than no pictures.)

Now onto Metro Lattice...it came together so quickly that I don't have any backing, so today's errand is to go get that!

Joining the party at WIP Wednesday

update:a few people have asked if I'm doing more quilting and the answer is yes!  Next I'm doing some straight lines out from the center, but decided it would be easiest to do with the walking foot, so I took it off the mid-arm frame.

7 comments:

  1. Your wood grain quilting looks amazing! Are you planning to do any quilting for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting quilt pattern and quilting design. I like the wood grain idea very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've graded the colour around the cross. Nice quilting design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The quilting is wonderful. Is this your pattern? Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely. The wood grain quilting works so well! Do you a machine with a wide gap to help with quilting bigger projects?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out gorgeous! You did an amazing job on the wood grain quilting and I love the cross quilt top! Hope you are enjoying that little guy while you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!