Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June ALYOF

For June ALYOF (#16), I said that I wanted to finish piecing the sunset wall hanging and get ready for hand quilting.  It didn't take too long, but it still took most of the month.  I didn't like the first version of the wall hanging and the advice I received was to add grey and to add a horizon.  I also added one more orange color to mix up the colors more.  And I really, really like how it is turning out now.


I also have a tentative quilting plan and supplies.  Western Michigan has been having a cool summer so there haven't been many warm nights to sit outside, but assorted vacations are coming up and I might try and start then.



1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what two strips of fabric can do for a design!. Much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!