Saturday, January 16, 2016

Non-Christmas quilt

I finished quilting my mother-in-law's quilt.  I thought it was a Christmas quilt, but when I actually looked at it it was more of a winter quilt - there were snowmen on it.


So I quilted snowmen on it, surrounded by snowflakes.  The brown borders have snowflakes and the aqua border has circles.  They remind me of the snowballs used to make snowmen.

I found the quilting design from In The Box Jaunt.  I did some snowmen with scarves, some without scarves, and some with stick arms.

The snowmen were quilted in light grey.  The inner snowflakes were done in white.  The outer snowflakes were done in brown to match the fabric.

It was a fun quilt to work on - I enjoyed doing some new designs.


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!