Monday, February 29, 2016

Plus Plus finish

Plus Plus is finished!


I won the pattern last year through ALYoF from Meadow Mist Designs.  It took a while before finding just the right reason to make it up; an old friend was having another baby.  We didn't find out about the baby until just a few months before he was born, so I was looking for something that would go together pretty quickly.  Not only did it go together well, the pattern was also excellently written.


I started with the same fabrics as Matrix and then sort of changed everything.  I added yellow.  The colors got changed to solids.  I decided to use the greys that I already had on hand for the rest of the pluses.  So while the overall color feel is similar, there ended up being many changes too.


I took the pictures in the middle of a snowstorm.  So even though some of the fabrics might looked speckled with white, they're actually all solids.  The snow was coming down quickly.


I used my normal minky with sateen binding.  I love the combo.

For the quilting, I used Plus Quilting.  (There's a tutorial here.)  I love how it turned out and how it echoes the pieced design.  And it is an all-over pattern, so it quilted up pretty quickly too.

This was my February goal for One Monthly Goal.  I'll also be linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday and Finish it Up Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your pretty finish! Love the backing and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on meeting your OMG goal. It's a wonderful baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very modern and gender neutral for a baby. Love this little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic finish, I LOVE the plus quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you used in this quilt. A beautiful baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!