I finally all the HSTs made and trimmed, so I started laying out. The first layout didn't go very well. The second layout I tried to make more controlled, but that looked ugly. My third try looked ok.
I stepped away for a bit and then tried again. I'm much happier with this one. I had a better starting seed and realized how to make the colors flow between pairs better. Taking that first picture was a huge help.
I need to make just a few more HSTs to integrate in between some of the awkward spots. There will also be quite a bit of negative space, but I think that'll look nice.
I also laid it out in an out of the way hallway, so for once I'm somewhat optimistic that it won't get trampled on.
What I need to make, for my own purposes:
4x dark blue, med purple
2x dark blue, orange
4x light green, light orange
3x med red, med light blue
2x med dark blue, med green
4x pink, light blue