Friday, September 29, 2017

Owl Quilt

My mother-in-law made this quilt for her newest grand-niece.  I had the honor of quilting and binding it.


The rows with flowers in the fabric received matching quilted flowers.  This time I tried putting leaves on some, as seen below.  I also put circles in between some petal rows, like the fabric.  It only turned out ok, so I didn't take any pictures of it.  (Also peaking through this pictures is the meandering stars that I used by the owls.)

The rows with owls on branches received wood grain.

The outer border had leaves.  I feel like I've been doing a lot of leaves lately, but they just match all the fabrics really well.  The sashing had back and forths.

This was my September goal...I finished up!  Also linking up with Finish it up Friday.

1 comment:

  1. What great quilting and I love the owls. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!