Friday, May 4, 2018

Striped mountians

I finished striped mountains! 

I'll admit, it probably isn't my favorite quilt ever.  However, I do like the colors.  And I like the invisible border.  And I like the quilting.  So while not my favorite, it does have a lot of components that I like.


The original idea was from Jaffa Quilts.  I expect that we did the construction a bit different though, as I searched through my currently owned fabric and some of the colors didn't have much yardage.  But I made it work.


I backed it in a grey minky and bound with pink sateen.  For quilting, the grey areas have meandering stars...like a night sky.  The mountains have back and forths, like a switch back path.  A few mountains have a few extra fun things in them, like some triangles in the pink stripe on the lower mountain in the picture below.


Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I think this color scheme is really fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on your new stripey quilt. Must be nice to have a finish! It's been nearly a month since I've finished anything, so I can barely recall. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!